« Home | Ask OldManRivers » | "Ask OldManRivers" » | Deep Questions » | Decolonization [Part III] » | Dance Group » | i am not a chief » | of ropes and flight » | Governance » | My Actions and Secrets » | "Lean On Me" » 

March 29, 2006 

a bit on leaders...

No Knowing

Do not follow the path I say
for it does not exist
you cannot find enlightenment
contained within a list
do not follow leaders
they cannot set you free
and perhaps now most importantly
listen not to me.
- Ikkyu


I really enjoyed reading this poem because it really re-iterates what I believe. I don't believe leaders can set you free but they can do many other things. Leaders are there for a set period of time to ensure that something can grow. They see problems and fix them to the best of their ability. They are there for you to use them, and move on. Myself, (or you) and leaders are there for a set period of time for us to use them, then move on and create our own paths. It's a relationship not ment to be a marriage. Although, with all this said, I do wish to be a leader in the noble way of my people, I want more create free people. I will live this message. It has offical become apart of OldManRivers life.

<----------------------------------------:::::::: ::::::::---------------------------------------->

I will follow you into the depths of hell my friend! haha...


Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Rivers
  • From the village of Xwemelch'stn, Sḵwxwú7mesh-ulh
  • Dustin Rivers is a writer and community organizers of indigenous origins. He is of two tribes: Sḵwxwú7mesh and 'Namgis. He has a flare for action and contemplative meme's. He offers indigenous polemics, simply because he does not want a myopic political future for his people. Objective number one is to give breath to the noble way; a decolonize pose in life. Life, culture, and the writings of an inspired-youth.
My profile

TO READERS