« Home | Guerilla Thoughts » | Stolen Somthing... » | No Justice On Stolen Land » | OldManRivers Genesis Day » | Happy Aboriginal Day! » | The Week of May 5thThis weeks is very dismal and h... » | Week of May 3rdDo you think someone can be a good ... » | Ansestors in Solidarity » | Is it true that settlers are even more racist than... » | Conductors of the Masterpiece » 

August 16, 2006 

Walking

Have you ever walked and felt all alone?
Listening to the wind and its spiritual tone;
Allow the breeze to pass through your heart,
It can fill the emptiness and bring a new start.

Have you ever walked when you were in pain?
When nothing was right and life was in vain;
Listen to the shimmer of the leaves on the trees,
They can brush the soul and put your mind as ease.

Have you ever walked with nowhere to go?
To pass the time where no one will know;
Stand in the warmth of the sun's mystical ray,
It can fill the emptiness and brighten your day.

Have you ever walked with a friend that is true?
Someone who will understand and listen to you;
Friendship is the greatest gift one can give,
It is between two people and a sacred way to live.

Have you ever walked through life with a friend?
The walk is fulfilled and much greater to the end.

- Waxiwidi (William Wasden Jr.)

<----------------------------------------:::::::: ::::::::---------------------------------------->

I digged this up in [My Actions & Secrets] and thought it deserved placement in here with the way I am right now. My friend Wa wrote me this poem a few years ago when he couldn't make my turn around for Choices Teen Camp.

I read this when ever I need a good smile, or to dig myself out of a dark hole I dug myself. Alot of the things the poem he writes about are inside references that I know about. (Not going to tell you what...lol)

Enjoy.


Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Rivers
  • From the village of Xwemelch'stn, Sḵwxwú7mesh-ulh
  • Dustin Rivers is a writer and community organizers of indigenous origins. He is of two tribes: Sḵwxwú7mesh and 'Namgis. He has a flare for action and contemplative meme's. He offers indigenous polemics, simply because he does not want a myopic political future for his people. Objective number one is to give breath to the noble way; a decolonize pose in life. Life, culture, and the writings of an inspired-youth.
My profile

TO READERS